HCD is a rapidly growing demolition company based north of Hereford, who we have supported for the past 10 years. HCD asked us to provide, install and manage a new Windows server, with strict sharing permissions, to access company data locally and remotely via a secure VPN connection.
In addition to the new server HCD also wished to strengthen their IT security generally.
What We Did
We designed and built a bespoke Domain Controller Server, ready for deployment at HCD’s offices.
Due to the complex structure of folders, users and access rights within the company, we created the user permissions and file shares via group policy for ease of managing the intricate sharing requirements going forward.
- created a strong password policy for all domain users
- linked up an additional building to access the domain
- installed our Enterprise level, cloud monitored Endpoint Security
- configured shared and restricted access scanning from a centralized MFP
- moved HCD to Exchange mail and enabled multi-factor authentication for all users
- configured remote VPN connections for MOTP (Mobile one time password)
- On and off-site back ups
Our client now has the secure, shared file access they requested, locally and whilst out on site. HCD also have a secure enterprise email solution and have each device securely monitored. They also have a policy procedure in place for future data access requests, or sharing, for new or existing employees.
It’s so rewarding to support such a great client, who has grown so rapidly in the past 12 months.